Who can enter?
- Photographers within 3 years of Graduation i.e. for this year, those who have graduated in: 2014, 2015 or 2016
- Final Year Undergraduate or Postgraduate Students studying Degree Courses in Photography or Fine Art who graduate in 2017.
- Students studying Master of Arts or Fine Arts Degrees involving Photography.
- Final Year Students studying Degree Courses involving a module or modules in photography.
Scotland, the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland
What is required
Here’s what you need to submit:
- Between 5-12 images. Files must be in jpg or jpeg format and no more than 800 pixels wide. If your file is bigger than 2MB, the system will reject it.
- The images should be numbered, with dates of each image plus its caption and/or title where appropriate.
- Higher resolutions will be requested after the winners have been selected.
- A project statement of not more than 500 words.
- This should clearly outline:
- The overall title of your project
- The motivations and intentions behind your chosen theme or subject matter.
- The dates of production.
- A short biographical statement of approximately 100 words.
[Take care in selecting and ordering your images, as these are the main criteria we will use to evaluate your entry]
Applications without all this information will not be validated.
Applications to the JTPA will be only be accepted from Friday 3rd March 2017 up to the closing date of Monday 28th August 2017 at 5pm
What will the judges be looking for?
- Exciting and original work, which has carefully considered the selected subject matter or theme.
- Submissions which are interesting, intelligent and provide a creative personal interpretation.
- Careful editing and sequencing of works in order to produce a coherent body of work that demonstrates these qualities.
Entrants may include previously produced work, including work that has been published or exhibited before. However, the submitted series of images MUST BE substantially new work produced between 3rd March and 28th August 2017.
- Work that is exclusively Degree Show work will NOT be accepted.
- Work produced entirely before the Award launch date will NOT be accepted.
Rules and Terms
You are advised to make yourself aware of the Rules and Terms under the section of that name.
For all questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Questions concerning the interpretation of the brief or related questions will not be accepted.